just in time for Christmas, we are pleased to announce the new GCompris version 0.70.
It is an important release because we officially drop the Gtk+ version for Windows to use the Qt one.
Everyone who bought the full version for the last two years will get a new activation code in a few days.
Also, for people who like numbers, we are beyond 100000 downloads in the google play store.
This new version contains 8 new activities, half of them being created by last Google Summer of Code students:
- an activity where the child has to move elements to build a given model (crane by Stefan Toncu)
- an activity to draw the numbers from 0 to 9 (drawnumbers by Nitish Chauhan)
- an activity to draw the letters (drawletters by Nitish Chauhan)
- an activity to find on which words a given letter belongs (letter-in-word by Akshat Tandon)
- the nine men morris game against Tux (nine_men_morris by Pulkit Gupta)
- the nine men morris game with a friend (nine_men_morris_2_players by Pulkit Gupta)
- an activity to learn to split a given number of candies amonst children (share by Stefan Toncu)
- an activity to learn roman numbers (roman_numerals by Bruno Coudoin)
We always have new features and bug fixes:
- search feature by Rishabh Gupta
- windows build by Bruno Coudoin and Johnny Jazeix
- hint icon in the bar (used in photohunter) by Johnny Jazeix
- neon build by Jonathan Riddell
- we are now in openSUSE Tumbleweed repository thanks to the Bruno Friedmann
- archlinux (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gcompris-qt/) by Jose Riha
- package on mageia cauldron by Timothee Giet
- word list for Slovakia by Jose Riha
- word list for Belarusian by Antos Vaclauski
- various updates on Romanian wordlists and voices (probably the most complete one) by Horia Pelle
- voices added for Portuguese Brazilian by Marcos D.
- new graphics for crane by Timothee Giet
- screenshots on gcompris.net updated to the Qt version by Timothee and Johnny
You can find this new version here:
On the translation side, we have 15 languages fully supported: Belarusian, British English, Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Catalan (Valencian), Dutch, Estonian, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian and some partially: Breton (82%), Chinese Simplified (93%), Chinese Traditional (91%), Finnish (70%), Galician (93%), German (97%), Norwegian Nynorsk (98%), Russian (83%), Slovak (85%), Slovenian (88%), Turkish (77%).
If you want to help, please make some posts in your community about GCompris.