The crowdfunding campaign we ran on IndieGoGo to support the work on new unified graphics for GCompris finished yesterday. We didn’t reach the goal set to complete the whole new graphics, but thanks to 94 generous contributors, we collected 3642$. Also we got 260€ directly from the Hackadon 2014, many thanks to those contributors too! Thanks again to everyone who contributed and helped to spread the word!
Now after deducing the fees from IndieGoGo, converting to euros and making the sum, the total should be around 3150€, which is enough to cover 25 days of work. This is way less than the full goal, so I have to adapt the plan. Of course I won’t be able to make new artwork for all activities in these 25 days of work, but I’ll make as much as possible to establish good bases for the new design transition. Also I’ll have to rely as much as possible on some of the existing artwork that is already good enough and only adapt the style and do a some edits instead of starting from scratch as much as possible.
I have published the initial proposal for the new artwork guidelines. I will start the work on February 16th, in 13 days, so this should leave enough time for people to review the guidelines and send their opinion and comments (please use the contact form on my main website, or any other way that you’re used to contact me..). I’ll read carefully every comment and apply needed edits to the guidelines. The guidelines proposal is here.
(Edit 02/11/2015: guidelines and examples updated according to reviews)
Then I’ll fulfil these 25 days of work between February and April. Let’s see how much activities I can update in this time 😉