Yesterday I came back from 3,5 days of Krita Sprint in Deventer. Even if nowadays I have less time for Krita with my work on GCompris, I’m always following what is happening and keep helping where I can, especially on icons, and a few other selected topics. And it’s always very nice to meet my old friends from the team, and the new ones! 🙂
A lot of things were discussed and done, and plans have been set for the next steps.
I was in the discussions for the next fundraiser, the Bugzilla policies, the next release, the resources management rewrite, and defining and ordering the priorities for the unfinished tasks.
I did start a little the french translation for the new manual that is coming soon, mostly porting the existing translation of the FAQ and completing it. Again about the manual I gave a little idea to Wolthera who was looking at reducing the size of png images.. result is almost half smaller, around 60Mo for 1000pages, not bad 😉
I discussed with Valeriy, the new maintainer of kcm-wacomtablet, about some little missing feature I would like to have, and built the git version to test on Mageia 6. Great progress already, and more goodies to come!
As we decided to make layer names in default document templates translatable, we defined a list of translatable keywords to use for layer names in those default templates. The list was made by most artists present there (me, Deevad, Wolthera, Raghukamath and Bollebib).
Also I helped Raghukamath who was fighting with his bluish laptop screen to properly calibrate it on his Linux system, and he was very happy of the result.
Many thanks to Boudewijn and Irina who organised and hosted the sprint in their house, to the Krita Foundation for the accommodation and food, and to KDE e.V. for the travel support that made it possible to gather contributors from many different countries.
You can find more info about this sprint on the Krita website: